Tuesday, May 24, 2011

30 Days of Encouragement: Day 3

Day 3:
My friend Kelsie Pinckard actively walks out Ephesians 5:3 and I took this day as an opportunity to tell her how much I appreciate the example that she's setting to everyone in her life. Kelsie and her boyfriend are taking a bold stance to keep their dating relationship free from sexual immorality. They're doing this simply by making the choice to refrain from kissing.

I know what you're thinking. "But James, that's just weird." My response is this: "Yeah it's weird, but normal doesn't seem to be working." Too many Christian relationships toy with where the boundary lies in regards to 'going too far' and I'm right there in that mix. I've seen boundaries come crashing down in an instant, regardless of how good the intention was to stay pure.

I absolutely love the stand that Kelsie and her boyfriend have chosen to take in an effort to honor the Lord and hurdle the obstacle of sexual purity. Thank you both for your steadfast faith, your obedience to pursue Christ before each other, and your willingness to go against the grain. I deeply respect and care for both of you. Thanks for reflecting Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment